Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dear Refuge of My Weary Soul

Dear refuge of my weary soul, on Thee when sorrows rise,
On Thee when waves of troubles roll, my fainting hope relies.
To Thee I tell each rising grief, for Thou alone can heal.
Thy word can bring a sweet relief to every pain I feel.

But oh, when gloomy doubts prevail, I fear to call Thee mine
The streams of comfort seem to fail and all my hopes decline.
Yet Gracious God, where shall I flee?  Thou art my only trust.
And still my soul would cling to thee, though prostrate in the dust.

Hast Thou not bid me seek Thy face, and can I seek in vain?
Or can the ear of Sovereign Grace be deaf when I complain?
No, still the ear of Sovereign Grace attends the mourner's prayer.
May I ever find access to breathe my sorrows there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog has moved, searching new blog...